Monday, January 23, 2012

BLOGyear: taking a break.

These past few weeks I have taken a break from blogging.  
Not because I am crazy busy, but because I don't have much to say. 
There are so many things in this world that need to be said,
so many things that will be forever  unsaid. 

money.
politics.
dreams.
hopes.
jobs.
family.
friends.

It all seems so simple sometimes, life. 
You're born, you grow and age, and you leave this earth.
Yet, the things that happen here are so important, yeah?

What car you drive? How much it costs.
How much your home cost? How big is it.
How many friends do you have? How many are true.
Where did you go to school? What degree do you have.

I wake up everyday to go work in the beauty industry. 
A place where people drop hundreds of dollars on their highlights, their haircuts, and our opinions.
Don't get me wrong I love my job, and I love the beauty industry. 
But sometimes those people, well, they drive me a little past crazy.

There are people struggling all over the world, to pay their bills, to feed their families, and to... 
exist.

And yet as an adult, who fully comprehends this, I waste so much time on stuff.
I know people who make more money then they can handle. 
I know people who can barely pay their bills.
And, I know people that still keep a smile on their face no matter what. 

We are all just people.
White. African American. Asian. Hispanic. Male. Female. Gay. Straight. Bisexual. 
Young. Old. Rich. Poor.

Aside from out views, beliefs, and 'statuses'...

We are all the same.








No comments:

Post a Comment