Monday, January 9, 2012

BLOGyear: day nine, a confession.

2012 will be a year of change, a year of truth, honesty, & speaking up about things that matter.
 Matter more then any baking tutorial, craft DIY, or outfit of the day ever could.

A few years ago, I changed. 
Things in my life changed, and I lost who I was. My confidence that came so easily at times, was gone. My care-free, fly by the seat of your pants attitude, was something I longed to once again have. It wasn't a person that changed me, or even an event. I used to smile constantly, and laugh even if no one else thought something was funny. Without a care in the world, the smallest things brought the most joy in my life.

Just now, just within the last few months have I had those feelings, that confidence, again. What broke me, was in fact, me. What continued to break me was the constant reminder that I was not someone anyone "wanted", or so I thought. I finished school so scared of what people thought of me, afraid that no one would like me. All because someone said mean things about me, and to me. Here I was, 20 years old, and afraid of bullies? Now that, is sad. People can be cruel, they can hurt you, but they can also bring you up. 

That's what saved me.
People.

My dreams, however far fetched, or distant, are what continue to save me. 
My friends, however few, are what make me smile.


I like to make people happy, not so they like me, not even so I feel better. But because seeing people happy, is the greatest thing I believe anyone can see in the world. 

So this year I challenge you, sole reader of this blog, to make someone happy for no other reason then everyone deserves to be happy :)


I am surrounded by amazing people everyday, and they, are what make me happy. I am who I am, and that's what makes me happy. I'm sarcastic. I'm hard headed. I'm a ball busting, pain in the ass 20 year old woman, on the brink of the rest of her life. And I could care less what you think :)

dream...more
laugh...more
smile...more
cry...more
care...more
endure...more
take...more
leave...more
share...more.

Be the amazing person you were put here to be. 

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment