Monday, May 30, 2011

Dreams are the fuel to my life.

Hi everyone! It's been a little while since I've written anything, it's been kind of crazy around here. Mostly I've been trying to figure some stuff out and figure out where I want to direct my life. It's not just answering questions like where do I want to work, but it's deciding the type of people I want to surround myself with, and if they are going to help me be a better person or hold me back. Where I am right now in my life is very important to where I will be in the next five to ten years. I've been looking around on YouTube, watching videos, and mainly just getting inspired. Hours later I find myself so immersed in beauty videos, tutorials, how to videos, and vlogs. 
Suddenly, I got this surge of inspiration; not only inspiration, but passion. I know where I want to go, and I know it is going to take a long time, and some true, old fashion hard work, something I think my generation doesn't understand entirely. The generations prior to mine worked very hard to get where they wanted to be, and sometimes I feel like my friends, and the people around me don't want to put in the time. I've been guilty of this, as I'm sure many people have, but I also never wanted anything this bad before. I am willing to do whatever it takes, and hopefully it pays off. 
Right now something that's been giving me a lot of inspiration and focus is, Kelly Cutrone's new book, 'Normal Gets You Nowhere'. This book is in your face, real, and not afraid to take chances. Cutrone's whit and sarcasm truly sets the tone, and amplifies her no shit attitude. Not afraid to bring topics to her reader's attention, Kelly talks about anything from her PR company, to sex, to what it takes to make it in the business world. If you're looking for a good sense of direction, and you're not afraid of the attitude, I strongly urge anyone to grab a copy and enjoy!

Lastly, I really feel the need to talk a little about my outlook on life. I really feel like everyone needs to remember to take a little break and focus on what means the most to them. Friends, family, whatever it may be, just remember what matters and what doesn't. I might be in the beauty industry, but that doesn't mean that I can't take a day off, and not do my hair and make up. I've noticed myself getting a little into material things more then I usually would, and I just want to kind of pull myself out of that before I let it get worse. Right now I'm torn, I'll be honest. People have ben really disappointing me and it's made me pull away from them. I find myself getting bossed around, and I don't stand up for myself. I'm at a cross roads, do I just pull away and focus on my career and future, or do I try and talk things out? This week is packed with hair to be done, graduation to attend, and some decisions to be made. Not to mention one of my oldest, and bets friends was in an accident this past weekend, and it really upset me. I haven't really heard from him in a while, and it just sucks to be away from him and his family during something like this. I just ask that you keep him in your prayers and pray for his recovery and return home. I know he will be fine, he is too stubborn, and too hard headed to not get back on his feet.

Well, today turned out slightly lengthy, but if there is anything that anyone got out of this just remember how important life is, and always let someone know what they mean to you. 

xoxo,
tk.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I am so excited to do dinner this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete