Saturday, April 30, 2011

my heart...

... goes out to you, where ever you are.

For how much I love music, you'd think I'd be able to carry a tune. Nope. Not unless you call "singing" loudly in my car at the top of my lungs carrying a tune. It's cool, my childhood dreams of playing sold out concerts were never going to truly be a reality. I love music, I love words, I love the feeling a song can give you. But most of all I love old music. I love old everything come to think about it, especially the 1940s :)  This is my favorite picture.

 This week I realized that I should have been born in any era but the 90s. I mean think about it people, America used to have so much passion, so much pride in their country. Where did it go? We need to remember where we came from, the battles we've fought, the men and women we've lost fighting to defend us. After September 11th America was filled with passion. We all came together and everywhere you looked there were flags flying. But once the shock wore off and the hysteria calmed down, they all disappeared. I love this country, and I love what we stand for. We owe our lives to our men and women in uniform. I challenge you all to thank a soldier, any soldier you see. I myself am special and will walk up to anyone and shake their hand and say thank you for defending our country when I see them in uniform, but I'm not asking anyone to be as awkward as me :) Just remember those who came before us, and that we wouldn't be here today without them.
Where is our determination?
WWII vets that managed to emerge alive after the sinking of the USS Arizona.
Speaks for itself.

God Bless America.
If you haven't listened to this song lately please take a listen and remember why you should be proud to who we are and appreciate those who defend us every single day.





No comments:

Post a Comment