Saturday, March 26, 2011

time heals all wounds...

Sometimes I believe the above statement, and sometimes I think it's a big fat lie. Right now in my life I've somehow managed to find myself living for other people. Basing my decisions off of what other people think, and not going for things because others don't want me to. I've always been a "people pleaser" but honestly, I just like making people happy. Lately it hasn't been making me happy. I've tried being what everyone wants me to be, and it's the farthest from myself I've been in a long time. I've caught myself doing things I wouldn't normally do in a million years, and I'm not happy with some decisions I've made, but I've learned. I have four amazing people that I can always count on and depend on and what's funny is one of them has a newborn baby. That is such a huge life changing thing to go through yet she is still here for me and my craziness. Alyssa is an amazing mother and I don't know what I'd do without her in my life, she deserves the best, and I am beyond amazed and proud of her :) Love you Lyss!!
I'm hopefully going to be fully in the honors program at school meaning I have to step it up. At first I was scared to be in Phase Two because it's a serious commitment, and I guess I was too caught up in stupid things outside of school that I thought I couldn't handle it. If I've learned one this the past year it's that I'm a lot stronger then I ever knew. So the plan from here? Step it up, stay late at school, work my ass off, and reap the rewards. Hard work isn't easy, but I love nothing more then making people happy, and I'm in the perfect industry where I have the opportunity everyday to make an impact on someone's life, I wouldn't trade that for the world. I may have gotten a little off my path and let something throw me off but the people that matter will always be there. Thank you everyone who is there for me and puts up with me, if it wasn't for you we all know I'd be even more of a mess :) So I leave you with this:

This picture makes me appreciate life. How can we have a world where we're so concerned about stupid little things all the time when there is beauty like this right outside our doors... stay inspired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment