Thursday, March 31, 2011

efforts unmatched.

It's currently rainy and cold outside and if I didn't know better I'd say it was still winter; sadly, it's actually spring, and warm weather I miss you oh so much. Being sick on top of this is not fun either, so being stuck home in bed with a sinus infection has brought me to my new found love, blogging. 

Yesterday it was brought to my attention that someone I hold close to my heart was hurting and if you know me you know I'm not cool with people I care about being hurt. There are always going to be people who will put you down and dislike what you have to bring to the table but what one person thinks isn't what is important, what's important is what you think abut yourself. I've been learning this lately, and it's actually working. I have such a passion for the things in my life and the reason I've found that passion is because of this person, her name is Lindsey. She is an amazing friend, and an amazing photographer. Her love for her craft, her family and friends, and especially her love for God is so inspiring. Her blog is what got me started and helped me get my ideas out and into the world. So this my friends, is Lindsey :)
(love her!)

There is always one thing that will bring a smile to my face, and that's the new Vogue :) Anna Wintour, the editor in chief of Vogue, is amazing. Every month for the past twenty odd years she has had her life revolving around the amazing world of fashion, and lately I've found myself so obsessed with fashion. I've always had a love for fashion from a really young age and now it's only intensified over the years. Colors, textures, shapes, it all just makes me smile. I was once majoring in art and my favorite class was Art History, yes I am a closet nerd, and we covered so many different types of art it's almost now so drilled into my brain that I don't see just clothes when I look at something I see shapes, colors, and they all remind me of something that I've learned in the past. It might sound lame but I love it, I love museums, I love the stories, the history, it's all so full of life hundreds of years later. Realizing how happy these things make me reminds me how I used to see life so simply and purely, then things happened, my heart broke, my world shifted, and I all of a sudden was this different person. Someone I haven't liked. But right now I feel like this is where I'm meant to be. I'm sure of few things in this world, but one thing I can always be sure of is I am in control of my happiness, and you my friends are in control of yours. Do what makes you happy, for me right now it's taking some Claritin and watching a movie, because today is my day to get better so tomorrow will be a new day full of dreams and well, life. Till then I'm gonna go nap, find something you love and make it yours, stay true, and stay inspired :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment