Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh, where does the time go...

... when you're doing hair :)

Good evening, everyone! It has been a little while since I've had a few minutes to sit down and write, but today was such a good day I had to! Today, I had the pleasure of doing one of my oldest, and best friend's hair :) I am assuming she likes it considering the photo I am stealing is currently her profile picture!
the lovely Elise.
Elise came in with her hair roughly 4 inches longer, if not more, and some rather special fringe. We went ahead and opted to take her straight across bangs, that were immensely grown out, and transition them into a side band that she can allow to grown, and shift into the rest of her hair. I point cut her basic shape to take out some weight, and juts blew her hair out straight. After hitting it with the smoothing iron to put some hair into place, she was set to go! Also, since Elise will be studying abroad this upcoming fall, so she won't be able to receive a haircut as often as I'd suggest; this was also put into consideration as to how much hair we ultimately would be removing.

After Elise's hair was complete, we went for a bit of lunch at one of my favorites, The Orchard. As usual, it was delicious, and I hope Elise enjoyed it too! I know we both enjoyed our next stop, The Candy Kitchen. Now, this isn't the Candy Kitchen you all might be familiar with found all over Ocean City, MD, it is a local candy shop found in downtown Frederick. We both picked up some chocolate covered pretzels, and a few other delicious goodies! Yumm :)

Fed, happy, and in a wonderful mood despite the awfully hot weather, I headed back to school. Due to the heat school wasn't too bumping today, therefor I took the opportunity to get my hair done :) Taking away the red, and adding some blonde pieces to the front, really helped me change up my look while keeping the awesome cut I have currently. I really enjoy my hair color at the moment as it allows me to be more adventurous with my make up choices! I encourage anyone who feels a little bored with their look, or looking to change it up some, to ask your stylist (or me!) to use either a block color method, or throw in some peak-a-boos to brighten up your everyday look! 

This week has been so inspiring, and I truly am so lucky to be in this industry! My future might be making a few turns for the better sooner then I thought but, I couldn't be more thrilled! I hope everyone is having an outstanding week, and thank you for reading!

Sending inspiration & dreams your way!
:)

tk.

No comments:

Post a Comment